What is Rails?
Rails is a unified program that enables digital orders from third-party marketplaces and other external ordering sources to be transmitted directly to restaurants where Rails has been set up.
Rails consolidates all digital orders into one location, regardless of the third-party marketplace they originate from. These orders can be sent directly to a restaurant’s POS system or a non-integrated source such as a centralized tablet, email, fax, or phone. Rails’ two-way integration benefits everyone involved in the delivery process: customers receive accurate and real-time menu, price, and location information, delivery couriers are able to conduct more deliveries per hour without any lag time, and the restaurant brands remain in control through a single integration to multiple marketplaces. It’s truly a win-win-win. Rails can be launched quickly and effectively, as there are not any front-end configurations. Olo brands can grant access at the store level to third-party marketplaces to receive a real-time menu, price, and location information through Dashboard.
Converting to Rails is proven to drive more orders from marketplaces and is much easier operationally.
Check out the list of marketplaces currently on Rails.
Here's how it works:
What are the requirements for configuring Rails?
- Rails is included in your Master Service Agreement (MSA)
- If Rails is not included in your MSA, please contact your Sales representative
- If you are unsure if Rails is included in your MSA, please contact your Deployment Manager or Customer Success Manager to verify
- Stores have been built and configured in Olo
- Menu has been built and assigned to stores
- Agreements have been signed with third-party marketplaces
- An order transmission mode has been established and configured with Olo (e.g., POS integration, Expo, Fax)
- Provide marketplaces with access via the Rails Management tool
- Billing information is on file with Olo
- Online ordering is enabled in Olo
Interested in getting Rails live for your store? Contact our Support team to get started today!