A webhook (also called a web callback or HTTP push API) is a way for an app to provide other applications with near-real-time information. A webhook delivers data to other applications as it happens, meaning your app receives data about your Olo platform activities within seconds. This ability to push data immediately, rather than polling for changes, makes webhooks much more efficient for both the provider and recipient. Brands typically use webhooks to track real-time information and spot issues or trends quickly.
How does this work with Olo?
Webhooks allow third parties to subscribe to certain events that occur in Olo’s system by providing an HTTPS endpoint that Olo will deliver event details to via HTTP POST. For the recipient, webhooks are a way to receive valuable information when it happens.
Types of webhooks?
The following events can be configured to trigger webhook calls:
- OrderPlaced - order has been successfully placed
- OrderClosed - an order has reached its Ready Time and is considered complete
- OrderCancelled - order has been canceled
- OrderAdjusted - the order has been partially adjusted or refunded
- UserSignedUp - a user has created an account (not applicable to guests)
- UserUpdated - a user has updated their information
- GuestOptIn - a guest has opted in to receive emails from the brand
- UserOptOut - a user opted out of marketing communications
- ScheduledOrderFired - a scheduled order has been transmitted
- ScheduledOrderFailed - a scheduled order has failed
- MenuItemAvailabilityChanged - a product or choice’s availability has been changed (i.e. 86’d or 68’d)
- VendorAvailabilityChanged (a.k.a. Vendor POS Health Check) - a vendor has gone online or offline
- VendorTemporarilyDisabled - A vendor is temporarily disabled or re-enabled
- VendorExportComplete - the Vendor Export generation task has completed
- DispatchStatusUpdate - Dispatch delivery status has been updated
- StandingOrderInstantiationFailed - a recurring standing order instantiation failed
- LocationParticipationChanged - will fire when a vendor/location participation changes, i.e. add/remove vendor access to a marketplace
- MenuSyncComplete - A menu sync has been completed for the subscriber
How can I sign up for webhooks?
To get more information on setting up webhooks please contact us via the Help Center. It is important to note before connections can be established you must sign a client authorization contract. Once that is in place we can activate the requested webhooks.