Any Dashboard user with company menu access has the ability to set up any Modifier Group with modifier quantities. Modifier quantities allows a customer to say they want a specific quantity of a modifier option. For example, a customer can say they want four Chocolate Chip cookies and eight Sugar cookies when ordering a Dozen Cookies box.
In the below screenshot, a customer has ordered an 8-piece wing combo and has decided to have two wings with Volcanic sauce and 6 with Original Hot:
How to Enable
Modifier quantities can only be enabled at the Company Menu level. Once logged into the Menu Admin in the Olo Dashboard, click on the "Modifiers" for the item that contains the modifier group you want to update.
- Once you find the modifier group that you want to update, hit Edit on the group
- Click on the tab "Modifier Settings"
- You will see an option for "Support Modifier Quantities", select "Yes"
- Once you select "Yes" you will see the below fields appear:
- Modifier Aggregate Quantity determines the minimum/maximum for the sum of all choices in that modifier group. For example, if you have an 8 piece wing combo and you require 8 sauces, you would set the Modifier Aggregate Quantity min and max to 8. If you have a Dozen Cookies Box, you'd want 12 since you need the sum of all the options to be exactly 12.
Min/Max Modifier Quantity determines the minimum/maximum for each individual choice. It controls the edges of the slider for each choice:
If you have an 8 piece wing combo and want to restrict the customer so that they must have at least 2 wings for any given sauce, you'd set the Min/Max Modifier Quantity Min field to 2 and the Max field to 8. This means that a customer wouldn't be able to choose anything less than 2 for any given modifier and the max they could choose for a modifier option would be 8.
- Once the above fields are filled out, select "Multiple" so that a user can select numerous options from that group and then hit "Set a Limit" to see the below fields:
- Set Limit Min/Max determines how many choice options a user can select. For example, if you have a Dozen Cookies Box and only want the user to select up to 2 different types of cookie, you'd set a min of 1 and a max of 2.
Increment controls the steps on the slider that is presented to customers. If it is set to 1, they can select any number in between the Min/Max Modifier Quantity set in step 5. If it is set to another number, for example 5, the customer can only select quantities in an increment of 5.
Have any questions? Submit a ticket and we'll be happy to assist!