Users can now 86 / un-86 multiple items from the Store Level Menu Search results page in menu admin with a single action. This removes the need to 86 / un-86 items one by one, which can streamline the restaurant operations process.
- Currently, this feature is only available when you select one store. At this time, the feature is not available if you select multiple stores to manage.
- This feature is available to all users that have the permission to 86 / un-86 menu items in menu admin (i.e. the Menu 86ing permission is enabled for the user’s role.)
How It Works
- Navigate to Store Menu Admin by clicking on the Menus tab in Dashboard, and selecting a single store to manage.
- Use the Search Menu functionality to search for a specific item that you wish to 86 / un-86.
- Use the checkboxes on the left to select the items that you wish to 86 / un-86. Alternatively, you can also use the checkbox in the header to select all items in the search results list.
- Click on the Bulk Availability button. This will open up a new modal screen and allow you to perform the following actions to update the availability settings for the items you selected.
- Mark the item(s) as un-86’d
- Mark the item(s) as 86’d
- Mark the item(s) as 86’d and schedule an un-86’d date
- Select one of the above options, and click on Save
- Performing a bulk 86’ing update will not immediately update the 86’ing status for the menu items you selected. The updates will be queued in the background and can take up to a few minutes to be processed and reflected on the ordering front-ends. Please do not continue to resubmit an 86ing request if you do not see the updates reflect immediately on the menu.
- If a modifier choice is shared under multiple products and/or choices in the menu, 86’ing / un-86’ing a single instance of that choice will update the 86’ing status of all shared instances of that choice.
- [Only for brands that are configured to use Dependent Availability] If a product is configured to use dependent availability, it cannot be 86’d or un-86’d. The 86’ing status of the product is controlled by its dependent choices.