For Canadian restaurants wanting to utilize Dispatch, we require the use of a third-party payment processor, GoCardless, to bill Dispatch fees and tips a restaurant accrues during the billing period. GoCardless allows Olo to ACH the accrued funds in Canadian dollars. There is no additional cost for this service.
What is GoCardless?
GoCardless is the payment processor Olo uses to process your restaurant's accrued fees and tips for Dispatch orders only. This only applies to Canadian restaurants and does not include the Dispatch transaction fee.
How does billing work with GoCardless?
Dispatch billing for Canadian restaurants happens in two separate steps:
1. You will receive your regular invoice from Olo (available either from your email or the Dashboard). This will include any associated platform fees and the Dispatch Transactional Fee. For Canadian restaurants, it will not include a line for Dispatch fees, tips, or credits.
2. You will receive a notification from GoCardless about your auto-debited amount. The lump-sum amount is for all Dispatch fees and tips accrued in that billing cycle. At this time, we cannot provide an invoice for Dispatch fees and tips.
How do I reconcile my payment to GoCardless?
Download your Monthly Sales Report in Dashboard. Instructions on how to view this report can be found here: The Monthly Sales Report (Usage). You will want to use the numbers found in both the “Dispatch Quoted Fee” and “Dispatch Tip” columns.
Note: The Monthly Sales Report does not show any credits (refunds) due from your delivery service providers for that billing period. If you need a breakdown of your credits, please reach out to email@example.com.
How do I submit my banking information to GoCardless?
- Go to the GoCardless Submission Portal
- Fill out the details as follows:
- Country: Canada
- DO NOT ENTER FIRST/LAST NAME OR BUSINESS NAME; instead, click “Click here to use a company name”. Please enter your BRAND NAME and STORE NUMBER in the following format shown below:
- For multiple stores using the SAME bank account, separate store numbers by a comma in the Company name field. Please note there is a 200 character limit on this field.
- For multiple stores with SEPARATE banking accounts, submit this form once per location.
- Without a brand name and store number, we cannot process payment for fees and tips.
- Enter banking information as requested.
- Enter a monitored email address as this is where payment failure notifications will be sent.
I got a notification from GoCardless that my payment failed. How do I resubmit my banking information?
Follow the same steps outlined above. If you realize you have accidentally submitted your banking information incorrectly or your information has changed, please either resubmit or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
If you have locations based in Canada and would like to offer delivery through Dispatch, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.