Olo and Aloha Kitchen
Technical Teams, Account Managers, Brand IT
When Olo orders are sent to Aloha POS, Aloha manages the routing of the items. In some cases, our brands have observed that items sent to POS by Olo will fail to display on kitchen video screens. This article describes a few causes and resolutions.
All orders coming from Olo (Aloha interface terminal) fail to display on the kitchen video system.
- If items coming from Olo have never showed on kitchen video, you may need to register the AlohaPOSKitchenInterface.dll. Please refer to this article.
- If kitchen video used to display Olo orders but now is not, a configuration in the Item Routing or Routing Rulebook may have changed. Check Item Routing and Routing Rules or reach out to your POS support. If you received a new BOH fileserver, please refer to the article in the previous bullet.
Some orders coming from Olo show on the kitchen video system but some do not.
- If only some handoff modes/order modes are showing in the kitchen, you may be using routing rules that route by revenue center or order modes. Please check your Routing Rulebook or reach out to your POS support.
Some items coming from Olo show in the kitchen, but some do not.
- If some items are not showing kitchen video, first check your Item Routing and Routing Rulebook to be sure they are routed correctly.
- If items are routed correctly, but still don't show on the screens, check the Item settings. "Do not show when Item" may be checked in Item Maintenance>General Settings>Video. Make sure this is unchecked for all items you wish to display in the kitchen.
Versions of AK 18.1.12 and above use a feature called serialization. This feature may not work on versions of Aloha below 15.1. Some orders will send to the POS but NOT the kitchen, seemingly at random. In this case, you will need to reach out to your POS support to disable this feature.