Technical Teams, Developers, Account Managers, Database Administrators, and Product Teams.
Description of Issue:
An order has failed and there is a need to investigate why the order failed.
Use the Order ID to research the order in the Olo logs via the Dashboard.
- Login to Olo Dashboard.
- Navigate to Store Settings:
- Store Settings
- Choose Store from list
- Confirm Store
3. Choose POS Settings in list
4. Choose the Logs tab
5. Click Refresh Logs to choose "OLO-YYYYMMDD.log" for the date being researched.
- Wait for the list to populate. It may take 1-2 minutes depending on system resources and internet speed.
6. Use Ctl+f to get a search box.
7. Paste the Order ID in the search box and hit enter.
8. Review what the log shows in accordance with the failure.
- In the event the failure was related to POS, there will be an HRESULT error.
- There are 2 options for next steps:
- Orders that fail due to non- POS related issues, for example - payment issues at the processor level, i.e., bad zip code, declined, etc., may not be found in the logs in step 8.
- 5 consecutive order failures will cause a store to automatically disable and send an email alert to defined recipients. This alert provides the opportunity to research/resolve the issue before re-enabling the store.
- In some cases, it can be necessary to research Aloha debouts for the interface server for the same time frame to find the root cause.