With Facebook and Google single sign-on (SSO) users can securely access applications using their credentials. Brands using Olo’s white-label front end can allow customers to use their Facebook or Google logins to create an account and order online. Follow the steps below to set this up and then reach contact your Customer Success Manager to get everything activated.
This feature is also supported by our API so brands using custom front ends can leverage this as well. Additionally, if you use an Olo mobile app you will need to re-release it with Olo in order for these changes to take effect.
Note: If the guest login page is not hosted by Olo, reach out to your OAuth or loyalty provider about adding Facebook and Google SSO.
For 'Sign In with Apple' instructions, please refer to this article.
Configuration in Facebook
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/
- Choose an existing app or click My Apps > Create App
- Click > Build Connected Experiences
- Type in the name of the brand (i.e. shake shack)
- Enter the contact email
- Select Business Manager Account if desired
- Select Create App
- Prove you’re not a bot
- Click Settings then Basic
- Add URL’s (i.e. https://shakeshack.olo.com and https://shakeshack.olo.express)
- Click Dashboard and scroll down to Add Products > Facebook Login > Setup > Settings
- Under section Client OAuth Settings
- Click App Review and make the application public.
- Click Settings > Basic and grab the App ID and App Secret
- Provide Olo with both the App ID and App Secret
Configuration in Google
- Visit https://console.developers.google.com/project
- Click Create Project and submit a descriptive Project Name
- From the Manage Resources Page or Notifications Drop Down select your new project
- From the Getting Started panel select Explore and Enable APIs
- From APIs and Services select Oauth Consent Screen
- Select External and click Create
- Enter in the app name, user support email, and a logo
- Enter your domain in the authorized domains section
- Finally, enter your developer contact information and click save
- On the next screen enable any scopes you may want and click save
- Add any test users you want on this screen and click save
- On the left click Credentials
- Click +Create Credentials at the top of the screen and choose OAuth client ID
- Under Application Type select Web application
- Add Name “INSERT BRAND NAME”
- Under Authorized Redirect URLs enter:
- Click Create
- Provide Olo with the Client ID and Client Secret from the box that pops up