Select Handoff Mode, Time, and Location (Order Page)
Once a customer has been selected/created, you'll need to select the way in which the customer's food will be handed off (Handoff Mode), the time they'd like their food to be handed off (Time) and the location from which the food will be made (Location).
1. Select Handoff Mode Go back to Top
Select one of the available handoff modes.
- Typically used for customers that want to pickup their order from within the store
- Typically used for customers that want the store staff to bring their order out to their car when they arrive to store
- Used for customers that want the store to deliver their order to a specified address
- Typically used for customers that want to use the drive-thru to pick up their order
- Dine In (not shown)
- Typically used for customers that wish to receive and consume their order from within the store.
NOTE: Brands may change the display name of the handoff modes listed above (e.g. "Curbside" may be displayed as "Park and Eat")
NOTE: All handoff modes shown above may not be available for your brand or specific stores for the brand.
NOTE: Some handoff modes may affect which time modes you can select.
2. Select the Time Mode Go back to Top
Select one of the available time modes. Please note that your Handoff Mode selection may impact the available time modes.
- Time Modes
- ASAP - Select this time mode if the customer wants to receive their order in the first available time slot the store has
- Later - Select this time mode if the customer wants to receive their order at a specific time of their choosing
- Manual - Select this time mode if the customer wants to signal when the food should be fired
NOTE: This should only be selected if the customer provides their email address, otherwise they won't be able to check in.
- Date (Only shown if 'Later' selected)
- Specify the date in which the customer wants to receive their order
- Time (Only shown if 'Later' selected)
- Specify the time in which the customer wants to receive their order
3. Enter the Address Go back to Top
Enter the location using one of the following formats:
- <city>, <state>, <zip_code>
- Example: New York, New York, 10004
- Example: New York, NY, 1004
- <city>, <state>
- Example: New York, NY (or abbreviation)
- Example: New York, NY
If Delivery is selected, then the user will need to enter the caller's address OR select a previously used address (if applicable).
Once you've entered and confirmed your address, click Search to find all available stores that are close to your address.
4. Select the Store Go back to Top
If at least one store is returned from your search, then you will be able to select the store in which you want to place the order and begin building your basket.
ASAP and Manual Fire Orders
Find an available store that your caller wants to order from and then click Begin Order to begin building your basket on the Menu Page.
Find an available store that your caller wants to order from and then select an available time slot for the caller to receive their order.
Olo color-codes time slots to provide a visual aid to the Switchboard agent to indicate store capacity. Please find the capacity matrix below:
|Black: This time slot is not available because it's outside of the store's business hours|
|Green: The time slot is available and is not at capacity|
|Yellow: This time slot is available and is nearing capacity|
NOTE: Only shown if Order Per Window throttling strategy is used
|Red: This time slot is at capacity and is not available|
NOTE: If a brand has enabled "Order Throttling Override" then Switchboard Agents can continue to place orders in time slots that are at capacity (Red). If a brand is overriding order throttling, a message will be displayed to indicate the override has been enabled.
Select an available Time Slot to begin building your basket on the Menu Page.
Other Functionality on this Page Go back to Top
View Store Location
Once the store results have been returned from the search you can view the location of a given store on a Google Maps modal. View the map by clicking on the address on the within the store information.
View Business Hours
Once the store results have been returned from the search you can view all of a given store's business hours in a tooltip. View the hours by hovering over the tooltip icon next to "Business Hours" within the store information.