Technical Teams, Project Managers, Engineers, & Product Teams.
There are specific terms associated with Olo's NCR Cloud integration that are helpful to understand when working on a project. This article is intended to share those definitions. It is a living document and will be updated as we learn more terms that are relevant.
- Aloha HASP Key - this is the USB key that is plugged into the BOH server at a location and is also used as the store identifier for Cloud Connect. (AKA - Security Key, CloudConnectStoreID, Key Number).
- ATO - Aloha Takeout may be used with Cloud Connect Ordering Essentials or Ordering via BSP. This is the program used to manage takeout and delivery orders in-store. It is a program that interfaces on the FOH with Aloha POS (Iber) and is running in tandem on the terminal.
- BSP- Business Services Platform that is NCR's above store API suite used to manage ordering and catalog services.
- Catalog- This is the service that shares data from the company CFC database which allows real-time visibility into configuration, i.e., prices, taxes, new menu items, etc. (AKA - OmniChannel, ODSP, BSP)
- Cloud Connect - Ordering Essentials API owned by NCR used to get orders into ATO or POS from external channels.
- COM - Component-Object-Model (COM) interface, introduced by Microsoft in 1993 used to allow authorized third party companies to interface to a software application (AKA - Aloha Connect).
- Command Center - NCR's tool used for remote connection to the store for maintenance and is also used for access to commit Cloud Connect orders.
- Configuration Center - The above store enterprise tool used to manage the brand's database. All configuration for the stores is handled in CFC as well. This includes menu configuration, employee configuration (if enabled), hardware configuration, specific store settings, behavior, third party integration to just name a few.
- Data Release Form- this is a form that NCR requires to have submitted to them that grants them permission to partner with Olo regarding your data. It is required by NCR for this integration.
- Iber- The FOH full service (table service) application of Aloha that is used to enter orders, take payments and manage labor.
- Iberqs- The FOH quick service (QSR) application of Aloha that is used to enter orders, take payments and manage labor.
- Interface Employee- Employee in Aloha POS that does work on an assigned interface terminal like entering orders.
- Interface Server - Virtual Server that is used to launch iber on the BOH. It is configured within the local store database in CFC. The interface server runs in the background on the server.
- Interface Terminal - this is the terminal that ATO interfaces with to enter orders from ATO into POS.
- Ordering Essentials - NCR's product used to commit orders to the NCR API that is routed to the store using the rails of Command Center. Also referred to as OE.
- POS Technical Specialist- The Olo specialist that will work on your project in collaboration with your brand and the PS Consultant or Reseller that you have engaged for your project.
- Professional Services Team- This is the team at NCR that assists with projects in accordance with a Statement of Work usually engaged by a brand via their Account Executive. (AKA- PS Consulting)
- Provisioning - Your brand must be provisioned for Cloud Connect and/or BSP. This is the setup on the NCR side for each of these services.
- Reseller - This is the licensed dealer that is able to sell and support proprietary Products.