Menu Administrators, POS Specialists, Technical Teams
While there are two types of combos within Revel (upsell combos and group combos), you are able to build and map group combos within the Olo menu.
A few things to note about group combos:
- There is a main combo item, known as the "combo parent".
As an example, we have a combo parent item called Burger Combo within the menu, that lets customers select a burger, side, and drink as part of the combo item. The combo parent must be mapped to a single combo parent barcode.
- Group combos are made up of product sets within Revel.
For example: product set #1 is “Burger”, product set #2 is “Sides”, product set #3 is “Drinks”, etc.
- Each product set has a barcode (ID) assigned to it.
When mapping the options within a Revel group combo, you will map them to the "combo child" entity type, and map each option to the product set barcode, followed by the barcode of the option within the set. Based on the above example, within product set #1 (which is “Burger”), we have a Cheeseburger option. The product set barcode for Burger is 5684, and the barcode for Cheeseburger is 4657461541. When mapping the Cheeseburger within Olo, you would first enter the product set barcode of 5684, followed by the Cheeseburger barcode of 4657461541.
- Multiple instances of the same option within a combo need to be under separate product sets.
If you would like to have two or more entities of the same option within a combo, you would need to create product sets for each instance. For example, if you want to let customers select two sides under the combo and customers can select two of the same side, each duplicate side option would need to be mapped with different product set barcode IDs, although the barcode for the side itself would remain the same.
Combo Mapping Instructions
- The top level item should be mapped to a single combo barcode, using the entity type of “combo_parent”. The combo parent barcode can be found in the PDE, as with any other item ID. Refer to this article if you would like instructions on using the PDE with Revel.
- The first set of modifiers under the “combo_parent” must be mapped to the “combo_child” entity type. Based on the example below, all of the options within the "Pick Your Burger", "Pick First Side", "Pick Second Side", and "Pick Your Drink" should be mapped as a combo child.
To map a “combo_child” modifier, you need the product set barcode, which can be found in Revel.
And then, the option barcode can be found in the PDE, as with any other item barcode. Refer to this article if you would like instructions on using the PDE with Revel. Enter a comma (,) after the product set barcode, and enter in the barcode for the option.
- If you would like to nest modifiers under any of the combo child options, the modifiers can be mapped to the “modifier” entity type, just as with regular Revel mapping. Refer to the "Mapping Modifiers" section of this article to learn more about mapping modifiers for Revel.