Switchboard Self-Serve Settings allow users with Switchboard Manager access to adjust brand-wide Switchboard settings.
- You must have a Dashboard account with 'Switchboard Manager' permissions. Users with 'Switchboard Agent' permissions will not have access to Switchboard settings.
Allow agents to search all orders
This setting controls whether or not all Switchboard users are able to view orders placed outside of Switchboard. Enabling this setting will allow Switchboard users to search for all orders that were placed through Olo, including Serve, Olo's white-label mobile apps, Olo's Ordering API, and Switchboard
- Enabled (Yes) = All Switchboard users can search for all orders placed through Olo.
- Disabled (No) = All Switchboard users can only search for orders placed through Switchboard.
Switchboard orders subject to store order throttling
This setting controls whether or not orders placed on Switchboard will be subject to the selected vendor's order throttling settings. Enabling this setting will force Switchboard orders to respect the selected vendor's order throttling logic. Click here to learn more about Olo's Order Throttling capabilities.
- Enabled (Yes) = Orders placed through Switchboard will respect the selected location's order throttling logic and will count towards make time minutes per period or orders per window.
- Disabled (No) = Orders placed through Switchboard will not be subjected to the selected store's order throttling logic. Orders will not count towards make time minutes per period or orders per window.
Include order notes
Order notes is a feature that allows Switchboard users to record internal notes on the Switchboard Menu Page for a given order. Order notes only exist within Switchboard and aren't shared exposed anywhere else within Olo. Additionally, Order notes aren't passed to the caller or the store. Enabling this feature will allow Switchboard users to record notes for a given order on the Switchboard Menu Page.
- Enabled (Yes) = Order notes are enabled on the Switchboard Menu Page.
- Disabled (No) = Order notes won't be accessible on Switchboard.
Re-use customer's original payment
This setting pertains to orders that are modified through Switchboard. If this setting is enabled, Switchboard will re-use the original payment information for a given order if the order is being modified.
- Enabled (Yes) = Orders being modified on Switchboard will re-use the original payment information. The Switchboard user won't need to re-enter the caller's payment information.
- Disabled (No) = Orders being modified on Switchboard will NOT re-use the original payment information. The Switchboard user will need to re-enter the caller's payment information.
How to manage Switchboard Self-Serve Settings
Only accessible by users with Switchboard Manager permissions
1. Log in to Dashboard
2. On the left navigation bar, select 'Switchboard' to open Switchboard
3. Once Switchboard opens, look to the top-right corner of Switchboard and click on 'Settings'
4. Modify Switchboard Settings as needed and click 'Save' at the bottom of the screen when done.
Q: Do Switchboard Settings apply to the entire brand?
A: Yes. Changes made to Switchboard Settings will apply to the brand and all subsequent locations.
Q: Which user permissions do I need to have in order to make changes to Switchboard Settings?
A: You need to have the Call Center Agent and Call Center Manager user permissions.