- Register one compatible and active authenticated Expo device
- Ensure menu is set with pricing entered manually
- Set up one active Expo user
- Input valid tax rates per your tax advisor into Dashboard
REQUIREMENT 1: Adding an Expo Device
Please follow these instructions to Adding An Expo Device:
1. Visit Expo.Olo.Com on the desired Expo Device
2. A 6-Digit Code will appear with instructions - DO NOT NAVIGATE AWAY from this page. (If no code appears, clear the browser's cache and cookie data)
3. On separate internet-enabled device - Visit https://my.olo.com/vendor/settings/expo/ (It is important to use a separate device as switching between windows on the same device can result in the Expo or Dashboard screen timing out)
4. At the top of the Expo Settings Landing Page, Select "Devices" from the center tab.
4. Enter the 6 Digit Code In "Registration Code" Field
5. Name The Device
6. Click "Register" in the lower right corner.
7. The Expo Device will automatically update and the Device Status will Go from Pending to Active.
REQUIREMENT 2: Setting & Pricing Your Menu
REQUIREMENT 3: Adding an Expo User
Please follow these instructions to add an expo user:
- Visit https://my.olo.com/vendor/settings/expo/
At the top of the Expo Settings Landing Page, Select "Users" from the last tab.
Select "Add User"
Entered the Desired First and Last Name of User (Note: Generic accounts based on roles are acceptable. I.e. General Manager, Shift Leader, Carry Out, etc.)
Issue the desired permissions based on user needs. (Note: This section is currently being updated to include multiple permissions (i.e. 86ing Items and issuing refunds). For now, this will only be re-requesting Dispatch deliveries.)
Finalize User creation by selecting "Set Pin" in the lower right corner.
Select any 4-digit pin (Note: If you are creating this pin on behalf user, you will need to provide them the pin)
Expo's Monthly Re-authentication Requirements: 1 active user is required to complete the monthly device authentication. In the event your location does not need multiple users, please create a generic authentication user with no Expo User Permissions and a pin that is known to all staff that will interact with the expo device.
REQUIREMENT 4: Updating Your Tax Rate
Please use this resource to Update your tax rate. (If You are unable to access your location's settings, in the Confirmation email sent to Olo Support please provide your tax rate)
Note: If your store is in a locality that has a 0% tax rate for your goods or services, please confirm the 0% rate in your confirmation response. (Please consult with your tax advisor regarding any questions related to this requirement.)
IMPORTANT: Once you have completed the required actions to satisfy all three requirements, please reply to the email sent from Olo Support. Failure to reply to the email confirming your completion of the requirements or result in delays to the conversion process.