Technical Teams, Customer Success Specialists, Client's POS programmer
Description of task:
Olo can send either a Service Charge or Menu item down to Toast POS that will cover the difference between the Rails Marketplace price and Toast price to help reduce variances between the platforms. Using a Service Charges will have the Rails Markup show in Net Sales, while using a Menu Item will allow this amount to not show in Net Sales.
Use a Service Charge to send down the Rails Markup to Toast POS.
- This Service Charge needs to be set up and flagged as follows:
- Charge Type = Open Amount
- Apply After Amount Threshold = $0
- Assign to check owner (Gratuity)? = No
- Taxed = Dependent on Tax laws per location
- Delivery = No
- Name it 'Rails Markup', or any other name that would fit our needs
Open Menu Items
Here is an article on how to add a Menu Item in Toast. Be sure to set the Pricing Strategy to "Open Price", and that the item exist in a Menu that is NOT "Open Items". Example, "Miscellaneous" or "Bags/Fees":
Once the Service Charge or Menu Item has been created, Saved and Published, take a screenshot of the new Item/Service Charge and email Help@olo.com to get it configured for testing.