Through the Dashboard, Expo users can customize Settings allowing you to customize Expo to best fit your in-store workflow. To access these settings, log in to the Dashboard, click the Expo tab.
Brand managers will see Brand Settings and everyone with the Expo permission will see Location Settings.
Brand managers can set defaults and permissions that will apply to all vendors
A: By setting an amount here, a 'Large Order Badge' will display for any orders at, or above, this threshold making them easier to identify in Expo. Stores can override this on the location level if their needs differ for the default.
B: Stores selected here will be enabled to re-request Dispatch deliveries from Expo. If this is enabled, store managers will need to create an Expo user in order to perform this function on Expo.
C: The Expo User Guide will always be available to download from this page.
Location Settings (All Modes):
Store managers can customize Expo, authenticate devices and create Expo users from Expo.
A: Stores can set a large order threshold. A badge will display on Expo when the order amount is at, or above, this threshold making it easier to identify large orders.
B: If a location wants to print from Expo, print layout options can be selected here (beta only).
C: Stores can hide orders beyond today. This means future days' orders will not display on Expo.
D: Stores can set a device expiration timeframe. The options are 90 days and 5 years. Devices will need to be re-authenticated on the interval selected here.
E: The Expo User Guide will always be available to download from this page.
Locations Settings (Standalone Mode):
E: If you want to have orders automatically accepted as they come in, toggle this 'On'. Almost all of our restaurants opt for auto-accept to simplify their workflow.
When this is set to 'On', a 'Confirm' button will display in Expo. This button displays for workflow management. Once the order has been printed or manually entered into the POS, selecting 'Confirm' will move the order along in Expo. If this is toggled 'Off', the button in Expo will say 'Accept'.
F: At any point, you can print an order from the Order Details Screen. Additionally, on the Standalone product, you have the ability to print from the Order List. If group printing is enabled:
- The 'Confirm' button now displays as a 'Print' button.
- Once you’ve clicked 'Print', all orders currently on the Order List will print.
If you have 'Auto-Accepted' enabled and want to print, set this to 'On'.
G: You have the flexibility to auto-accept orders without Expo running.
- This defaults to 'Relaxed' and in most cases is the appropriate setting for restaurants. For this function, Expo MUST be running during business hours. During non-business hours Expo will continue to accept orders for up to 13 hours even if the device is turned off.
- The 'Never' option is for brands who have bad internet or short lead times. If 'Never' is selected, Expo must be running in order for the order to be accepted.
- The 'Always' option is designed for brands that have long lead times and don’t necessarily need to see incoming orders right away. This might be a great option for a brand that requires 12+ hour lead times. It is the restaurant operator’s responsibility to check Expo periodically for new orders.
H: Flashing notifications display after 5 minutes of an order not being acknowledged (confirmed, accepted, printed). We highly suggest keeping this enabled.