Now brands using Switchboard can split payment for orders between multiple cards if needed. To activate split payment capabilities, brands need to allow their guests to pay with multiple types of payment methods such as gift cards, credit cards, or cash.
How To Turn On Split Payments
Open a ticket on the Help Center requesting this feature or contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Using Split Payments
Once the call center representative has finished entering the order information they will be asked add payment information
- Once the call center representative has finished entering the order information they will be asked to add payment information to complete the transaction on the Payment screen.
- From this screen, you can choose to pay with a credit card, gift card, or in-store. To access split pay, use the saved credit card if there is one on file or click Credit Card and enter the card's information. After that click Save & Continue.
- On the next screen, you will see the option to Add a new card. Clicking this will open up a popup window where the second card's information can be entered.
- After the details are entered you will see both payment options listed. From here you can accept the 50/50 split that has been automatically applied or change the amounts charged to each card manually. Once everything is finalized, click Submit Order to complete the transaction.
- Order confirmation screen