Brand Managers using different menu prices on marketplaces through Rails can now specify a flat percentage increase per store, per marketplace. This feature can also apply a rounding strategy where prices will automatically settle at the next $0.05 or $0.09 increment.
For specific information about how your POS is impacted by the Rails Pricing Markup Tool, please contact your CSM.
In order to enable the Rails Pricing Markup Tool, Brand Managers must request permission from your Customer Success Manager (CSM) or Rails Specialist. After permission has been granted, please follow the setup steps below.
How to Enable Rails Pricing
1. Once you have access to the tool, navigate to the Rails section of the Dashboard
2. Select Rails Pricing
3. Select the stores you would like to apply the markup to and click Confirm Stores
4. To edit prices, select Override Prices
5. In the next screen, the column Action will allow you to select Override for each applicable marketplace.
6. Enter the percentage increase in the field under the Markup column. If you choose to change nothing, the amount in that field will remain at 0.00%.
7. If needed, apply a rounding strategy to your prices with either a $0.05, or $0.09 increment in the menu under Roundup (Optional).
8. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Why are the changes not applied immediately on my stores & marketplaces?
- Though the changes are immediately applied within Olo, Marketplace partners may not always update their systems immediately. If unsure, please contact your CSM or Olo help desk so that Olo can investigate and help troubleshoot.
- For more clarity, Olo applies the changes within our platform, then sends a webhook notification to the Marketplaces that a change in access/markup has been applied and that a new menu file must be pulled from Olo. Marketplaces then consume this information and will ingest the latest menu file and apply the changes on the marketplace platform. For granting access, we’re working on establishing an SLA with our marketplace access.
- Will changing access to one of my stores make it "Live" in a specific marketplace?
- This tool grants access to the store and menu data to our marketplace partners.
- Do all Rails Marketplace partners support marked-up prices through Olo? Including Google?
- Yes, however, the way the prices are displayed in the POS differ.
- How will the inflated orders look in Dashboard?
- Inflated prices are reflected in the order record in Dashboard. You’ll see the products and modifiers with the higher prices added to them.
- How will the pricing be reflected for accounting purposes?
- Each POS displays inflated prices differently. Contact your Olo Representative for further information.
- The marketplaces are already marking up my prices. What should I do about that?
- The price inflation at the marketplace must be removed before implementing the markup with this Rails Management tool. Please notify your Olo Customer Success Manager and we will work with the marketplace to adjust your prices accordingly.
- How will I know what the prices look like on my marketplace menu?
- You can check the marketplace listing for your store to ensure the pricing is appearing how you intended.
- I don't see increased prices on my marketplace menu. Why is that?
- The marketplace may not have refreshed the menu and thus are not presenting your most recent menu. If you notice this, please contact your CSM and we will work with the marketplace to ensure they are displaying your menu accurately.
- The marked-up prices appear strange. How can I fix that?
- We recommend using a rounding strategy so that prices appear consistent. You are able to round prices to either the nearest $0.05, or $0.09 increments.
- I'd like to include a service fee for my marketplace orders. Is that possible through Olo?
- You or your corporate brand manager will need to discuss service fees with marketplaces directly. Some marketplaces support this, however, service fees for Rails ordering cannot be supported through Olo at this time.
- Do I have to duplicate the menu items in Olo to apply the Rails prices?
- No, you do not need to duplicate your menu items to apply the Rails pricing. If a brand has duplicated its menu previously, we recommend you delete that menu and use the markup functionality with this Rails Management Tool on the original menu.
- How do the Rails menu filters work with this Rails Management feature?
- If you have used the Rails menu filters and have made certain products or categories “Rails only”, only those items will be impacted by the Rails Management feature, meaning only those items will have inflated prices applied to them.