You may come across use cases where you want to hide certain modifier choices from the basket and checkout page, and from the email confirmations that customers receive.
If you have set up hidden modifiers within the menu, you may want these modifiers to also be hidden on the basket/checkout page, and email confirmations. For example, a customer ordering a Cheese Pizza already knows the ingredients that are included in the pizza, but to either meet POS requirements or kitchen requirements, the included ingredients would need to get sent down to the POS/store. Same thing applies if you are utilizing the folder view on the menu, whereby you could hide the verbiage of the folder headings from showing up on the basket/checkout page, and email confirmations.
All of this is achieved with the use of the display-in-basket metadata tag, and this tag will work on all levels of the menu, and if used on shared modifiers, it will apply in all of the places that the shared modifier is being used. Follow the steps below to implement the metadata key/value pair on the modifiers you wish to hide.
Steps to follow:
- Set up a modifier group as you normally would. Make sure to add the appropriate modifier choices as well. Click here if you would like to set up hidden modifiers and click here if you would like to set up the folder view. If you have an existing modifier group you would like to use, move on to step 2.
- Click Edit on the modifier group containing the modifier choices you would like to hide from displaying on the basket.
- Metadata needs to be added to each choice that you would like to prevent from displaying. Click on the metadata tag on each of the choices.
- Click on the + Add Metadata option, and in the two fields that appear, input the following exactly as listed below.
Key: display-in-basket Value: false
- Hit Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat these steps for the rest of the modifier choices within the hidden modifier group.