Technical Teams, Client's POS Programmer
Description of Task
There is a need to set up a Coupon on Olo or to allow the brand or Loyalty Partners to leverage the discount.
Olo Coupons support 2 ways of inserting a discount. All coupons, regardless if dollar or percent off in the Olo Coupon Manager, will be linked to an open dollar discount in POSitouch.
- Discount as Item Inventory Number (or PLU)
- Discount as Discount Number
Discount as Item Inventory Number (PLU) - Steps to Implement
The system allows for submission of an open dollar discount via the <OpenDollarDiscItem> block. Applying an item requires that the following configurations:
- Item must be attached to a Screen,Cell
- Item Inventory Number will be your POS Reference in the Olo Coupon Manager
- Set up as type 12 (Discount)
- Have a price of zero ($0.00) in price 1
- Open Dollar is set to active
- Must reference an option multiplier (Cell Type 3) and be the only option attached
- Set all Discount Flags to "Y" (yes) in the Inventory Profile
- Cashier assigned to Online Ordering has proper User Privileges - access to use discounts.
Discount as Discount Number - Steps to Implement
The system allows for submission of a Discount ID and will still be submitted in the <OpenDollarDiscItem> block.
- Discount must be setup in Discounts & Surcharges
- Discount Number will be your POS Reference in the Olo Coupon Manager
- Flag "Subtract discount from sales?"
- Flag "'Open Dollar' discount?"