Expo is a progressive web app, which means it runs in a browser. The website can be saved to your home screen to look like a native app. This gives brands the flexibility to use the hardware that works best for them and their stores.
The only requirements are that you must be using modern devices, browsers, and operating systems. Older devices may not support the latest operating system updates. Please note that only Chrome and Safari web browsers are supported at this time.
- Minimum Software Version Requirements
- iOS: 12.2 or higher
- Android: 7.0 or higher
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- Browser Version Requirements
- Safari: 12.1 or higher for iOS devices
- Chrome: Evergreen (latest available) for Android and Windows devices
- Unsupported Browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Any browser in kiosk mode
Additionally, we have a handful of devices that we do internal testing on. If stores report bugs, it is much easier to try to reproduce those issues on the same devices that we test on. To make sure you have the best Expo experience possible, we have compiled a list of suggested devices.
- Suggested Devices (not mandatory):
- iOS: 10.5 inch iPad Pro
- Android: 10.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Windows: RCA Cambrio (current SSOS users only)