Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, and Client's POS programmer
In-Store Delivery provided by Olo requires new settings to be created in Toast
To provide details and steps on creating and enabling settings in Toast to allow In-House Delivery orders to get passed to POS.
Below are the required items:
- Delivery Dining Option
- See this article to create the Dining Option
- When creating the Dining Option, set the Behavior to "Delivery". This setting will require that any orders sent with the new Dining Option have the Address sent to POS. If the address is not sent, Toast will reject the orders
- Delivery Fee Service Charge
- See the below article on how to create service charges
- Please configure the Service Charge to be Charge Type = Open Amount
- Set the option for gratuity to No, assign to the restaurant.
NOTE: The Delivery Fee can only be passed as a Service Charge, and not as an item with the Open Price Pricing Strategy like our Dispatch and Rails Fees. Service Charges in Toast were specifically created as a solution for Internal Service Fees.