The input view of modifier quantities gives customers the ability to select multiples of a single modifier choice. Once the input view has been set up, the end result will show plus/minus icons under the modifier choices. With the new responsive design, once the customer hits their maximum number of selections, the rest of the options will grey out. If the customer deselects one of their current selections, the rest of the choices will enable again, and the customer can easily update their selection. Please note that nested modifiers are not supported under choices that utilize input view.
NOTE: This setup is only applicable if you are working with an Olo UI. This will not work on a 3rd party owned interface
Steps to follow:
- Set up a modifier group as you normally would. Make sure to set up the appropriate modifier choices as well. If you have an existing modifier group you would like to use, move on to step 2.
- Click Edit to enter the modifier group you would like to set up the input view for. Then click on the Modifier Settings tab.
- Under Support Modifier Quantities, select Yes
- The following fields will appear.
Modifier Aggregate Quantity: Use these fields to set the minimum/maximum for the sum of all of the choices in that modifier group.
For example, if you have a 10 piece wing item and you require a total of 10 sauce choices, you would set the Modifier Aggregate Quantity min and max to 10.
Min/Max Modifier Quantity: These two fields determine the minimum/maximum for each individual choice.
As an example, if you have a 10 piece wing item and want to restrict the customer so that they must have at least 2 wings for any given sauce, you'd set the Min/Max Modifier Quantity Min field to 2 and the Max field to 10. This means that a customer wouldn't be able to choose anything less than 2 for any given modifier and the max they could choose for a modifier option would be 10.
- In the next section, select Multiple, to allow customers to pick numerous options out of all of the modifier choice offerings.
- Select Set a Limit, to set certain limits to the number of choices that customers can pick. Then utilize the min/max fields to set the limits.
For example, if you want customers to only select up to 5 different types of wing flavors, you would set the min to 1 and the max to 5.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the metadata button on the modifier group that supports modifier quantities.
- Click on the + Add Metadata option, and in the two fields that appear, input the following exactly as listed below
Key: quantity-choice-view Value: input
- Hit Save at the bottom of the screen and wait a few minutes for the front-end to update.