Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, and Client's POS programmer
Once you have built your menu or added a new item, these are the proper testing steps.
This document provides the recommended testing steps for a new menu.
Add desired items to each store menu in the Olo Dashboard.
Run the price updater from the settings area (you will be required to select the store).
- This will display any mismatches. Mismatches are items/condiments that are mapped via the company menu that does not exist in the micros database.
- For condiments, we look at the condiment membership group to determine if something is a condiment in micros. If this field is null/not selected, then we assume this is not a condiment. We are not picky what condiment membership group is linked just a condiment membership group needs to be selected.
- For all items, if the tax class field of the assigned menu item class is null, this will cause a mismatch. The solution it to add any tax class to this menu item class even it the tax class has no active tax rates.
- Resolve these mismatches
Basket test each item from the dashboard (this is a basic calculate totals call from micros).
- If a basket test fails, please refer to the Olo log to determine the cause of this failure (normally the error returned from micros is plain English). If the error is invalid DB object number, the 3700d.log will provide the object number (search for 'POSAPI').
- FYI Basket tests is a computer-generated basket from the items selected to test (choices are randomly selected so some baskets may be valid while others not when testing the same items). We recommend testing multiple basket tests per each item.
Place test orders via the URL listed under store settings on the dashboard.
- All items should be ordered and sent to POS to ensure that they sent properly to POS
- All choice groups should be ordered as well to make sure they sent properly to POS. No need to test all items in each choice group (i.e. If you have meat temps as a choice group, order each temp but they can be selected for different items with this. You don’t need to order 5 filets with each having a different temp unless this is your only item on the menu using this meat temp choice group).
Once your testing is complete on your labs, please add the desired menus to each store and repeat this process. As for the stores, we recommend at least 1 test order but not ordering everything as you did with the lab.