Operators, Technical Teams, Account Managers, Engineers, & Product Teams
This article is iterative and lists the most common FAQs we get from brands that are using Olo's SSOS program. SSOS stands for Self Service Ordering System, and is Olo's non-integrated ordering solution to provide online ordering for brands that we do not currently integrate to.
1. Do my guests get charged tax from Olo?
- Yes, SSOS uses Olo's tax rate to charge tax for orders. The tax rate can be configured by following this article: Update Tax Rate
2. Where does pricing in Olo come from?
- Pricing for orders in SSOS comes from the Olo Menu in the Dashboard (Method 2). If pricing changes, you will need to update it on the Dashboard as well. If you do not have access to the menu on Dashboard, please reach out to your corporate IT team so they can grant access as is appropriate, or follow your brand's change management process to do so.
3. What is the tray app?
- The tray app is the Olo SSOS application that allows orders to come through to the store. It can be found in the system tray or by clicking on the Olo SSOS icon on the desktop.
4. How do I control printing in SSOS?
- Printing is configured from the tray app by right-clicking and selecting configure from the drop-down menu.
5. What does Connected mean in the Dashboard?
- Connected means that the SSOS Olo Service was able to properly reach our server in the cloud and authenticate the account for that specific location.
6. What does POS Order Ready with a red dot mean on the Dashboard?
- This means the SSOS software has not started and is not ready to accept orders.
- This is commonly caused by the tray app not running, which can be resolved by clicking on the Olo SSOS icon on the desktop.
- Please see SSOS Troubleshooting Scenarios for more information.
7. Can I accept payment in-store with Olo or do all orders have to be pre-paid?
- Yes, you can accept unpaid orders that will be paid in-store. Please contact us through our Help Center if you wish to change these settings.
8. What devices can be used to install SSOS?
- SSOS is designed for Microsoft platforms. More information can be found in the SSOS Technical Overview.
9. Can Olo orders print to multiple printers?
- SSOS does not have the capability to send orders to more than one printer. SSOS can print two copies of an order to the printer, however. If your SSOS does not have this function currently and you wish to enable it, please reach out to your corporate IT team so they can grant access as is appropriate, or follow your brand's change management process to do so.