Prior to configuring make times, please refer to this article which provides an overview of the different make time strategies that are available within Olo Company Menu Admin.
Details on Catering Make Time
Catering Make Time should be used when you would like orders to enforce a lead time, but be fired at a specific time every day. For example, users need to place their order 24 hours in advance, but the order should fire to the store at 6am on date of pickup.
Catering Make Time expected behavior is:
- For orders on future dates, it will ALWAYS fire at the specified "Time of day" field entered in menu admin when you set it to Catering Make Time.
- For orders on the same day, if the order is Time Placed before the specified "Time of day", it will fire at "Time of Day" just like a future order
- For orders on the same day, if the order is Time Placed after the specified "Time of day," it will fire at the Time Start Making
Note: Make times are required by certain POS systems, for orders to flow through successfully to a store. Brink, Qu, and Revel are three POS systems that have this requirement, where the make time should not be left at 0. In fact, Revel needs the make time to be at least 10 minutes (that is the minimum requirement). Please reach out to us if you are unsure of whether make time is a required entry for the POS you are integrated to.
Follow these steps to configure Catering Make Time:
- Select Catering Make Time from the make time calculation options.
- Next, enter the number of hours you'd like to enforce for lead time.
- Finally, select the time of day that orders should fire to the Point of Sale.
- Click Save.
Note: Make times are required by certain POS systems, for orders to flow through successfully to a store. Brink and Qu are two POS systems that have this requirement. Please reach out to us if you are unsure of whether make time is a required entry for the POS you are integrated to.
If the long make times that have been set within certain categories seem to limit the order time selections presented to customers, you can try out either one of the options below:
Option 1: Adjust the make times to be shorter than store business hours
Option 2: Have stores accept orders before opening, to allow for orders with extensive make times to be received as needed. If you would like this setting adjusted, you can reach out to us!