What does my team need to do to create an iOS App with Olo?
In order to create an app, your team first needs to create an Apple Developer account and an App Store Connect account to develop and release the mobile app. The cost of an Apple Developer account is $100 annual fee. It’s a requirement from Apple that Olo releases mobile apps through a brand’s respective Apple Developer account. Olo will still maintain the mobile app through your respective Apple Developer account.
Please see the below steps for how to add Olo to your Apple Developer account and App Store Connect account.
Why does Olo require my brand to create our own Apple Developer Account?
Apple will reject apps if the seller (the name your Apple developer account is under) does not sufficiently match the branding of the app. This means that if Olo uses its own developer account to publish your “ABC Restaurant’s” app, you may face a problem as those brands do not correspond. This is why Olo requires each client to have their own developer account, and then giving Olo access as a team member so we can do the necessary work inside.
What is the difference between an Apple Developer Account and App Store Connect Account?
The App Store Connect website is used to manage your apps on the app store, to submit a new app, change an app’s listing, delete an app, submit TestFlight app. You need an Apple Developer account to be able to use App Store Connect.
Steps for adding Olo to your Apple Developer Account and App Store Connect Account
Please make sure to keep track of who owns your Apple account, because you will need to accept updates to license agreements from Apple on a frequent basis.
- First, you will need to create an Apple Developer account by visiting. We need your team to create an Organization Apple Developer Program account. https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/
- Once you have set up your Apple Developer account, please access "App Store Connect" in the "Overview" section of the Apple Developer Account. Add the following users to your App Store Connect account (see under “Users and Access” and “App Store Connect Workflow" here):
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Justin Anderson) - Admin Role
- email@example.com (Sasha Royzen) - Admin Role
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jennifer Lurie) - Admin Role
- email@example.com (Mikaela Frizzell) - Admin Role
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Patrick Connolly) - Admin Role
- email@example.com (Front End Team) - Admin Role
*Please note that the Apple Developer Account cost an annual fee of $100.