Technical Teams and Product Development
Description of Issue:
There is a need for ATO and Olo to run in tandem on the same environment. Specific settings need to be in place to prevent the applications from causing a restart of Iber(qs) on Alohaboh.
Configure both services to start with the same Windows user and configure ATO so that it does not start FOH (POS) on the BOH server.
Steps to Implement:
Run both services using Localsystem or with the same Windows user:
- Navigate to services.msc
- Configure each service according to your preference of a shared user
- Discuss with your reseller so that your environment is not negatively impacted
- Generally, this environment requires the use of Local System in this step for both Olo and ATO.
- Services may need to have "Allow service to interact the desktop"
- OloAlohaService, OloUpdateService, NCR Aloha Takeout, NCR AlohaTakeout Monitor Service
2. Configure the system to allow Olo to start Iber, (qs) as opposed to the ATO service
- ATO > Maintenance > Takeout Configuration > Takeout System Parameters
- deselect Master capable
- deselect Start POS interface
3. Confirm your Interface Terminal and Server aren't assigned a Takeout interface employee.
- In Terminal Maintenance, set "Interface employee" to none for the Interface Terminal and Interface Server.
4. The "Interface Host" should be the shared by the interface terminal used by Olo and the other interface terminal used by ATO.
5. Refresh All Product Data
6. Restart both OloAlohaService and Radiant Takeout Service.
- Must have a license to run ATO
- Must have Aloha Connect and one EIT to run Olo
- There are often different nuances to an environment. These are general guidelines. Contact your TAM with concerns.
- Article reference to service logins does not apply to Aloha 15.1 environments.
- ATO configuration applies to all Aloha and ATO versions.
- If the Olo Interface Terminal or Server are assigned an Aloha Takeout Interface employee, ATO might assume this terminal is owned by ATO and cause issues.
This may resolve a behavior where you notice that Iber(qs) keeps restarting every 3-5 minutes on your BOH.