TIP: If you are using our Rails product, we highly recommend setting up the menu as simply as possible, to help streamline the Rails onboarding process. And what constitutes a "simple menu"? A menu that does not include too many advanced/complex features such as modifier quantities, the folder/tab view, and input view.
Steps to Adding a Product
- Enter the Company Menu via Menu Admin.
- Under the appropriate category, click on "Add Product".
- Enter the customer-facing name of the product.
- Next, enter an (optional) internal name for the product (refer to this article to understand instances when an internal name should be used).
- Enter an (optional) customer facing description for the product.
- Fill in the short description section (optional) for a shorter description to appear on a smaller interface, such as that of an app or mobile web.
- Non-integrated clients can enter the base cost for the product, for brand consistent pricing throughout all locations (Note: pricing can also be entered at the store menu level). Integrated clients can skip this step since pricing will pull directly from the POS.
- The quantity fields can be left as is, unless you would like to specify quantity requirements for a product (for more information on these fields, refer to the article on Setting Quantity Requirements/Restrictions for a Product).
- Make the appropriate selection within the "Restaurants can change base cost?" field.
- Uncheck any handoff mode that does not apply for the product (Note: handoff modes can also be controlled at the store menu level).
- Enter the Base Calories and Max Calories for the product (for more information on the calorie fields and updating calories, refer to the articles on calories listed below)
- Once the appropriate selections have been made, hit "Save".
There are multiple ways in which a menu can be built out within Olo Menu Admin, to present customers with varying product flows. Refer to this article to view a few demo sites that present product setups that you may be able to use within your menu.