Steps to Adding a Category
- Upon entering Menu Admin, click Manage Company Menu.
- Click Add New Category.
- Enter the public name or the customer-facing name of the category.
- Enter an optional internal name for the category (refer to this article to understand instances when an internal name should be used)
- Enter an optional customer facing description.
- Select an appropriate option under Make Time Calculation (refer to the articles on make times below for more information on these options).
Please note that make times are required by certain POS systems, for orders to flow through successfully to a store. Brink and Qu are two POS systems that have this requirement. Please reach out to us if you are unsure of whether make time is a required entry for the POS you are integrated to.
If you selected "Estimated Make time", enter the time needed to prepare one product within the category, and the time needed to prepare five products. Refer to the article on Estimated Make Time for more information on this make time calculation.
If you selected "Fixed Make time", enter the number of hours of notice you require if a customer were to order a product from this category. Refer to the article on Fixed Make Time to learn more about this make time calculation.
If you selected "Catering Make Time", enter the number of hours of notice you require if a customer were to order a product from this category and specify the time of day when catering orders should fire to the Point of Sale. Refer to the article on catering Make Time for more information on this make time calculation.
- Hit Save to add the new category to the menu.
Steps to Changing the Order of Categories
You may want to change the order in which the categories are displayed. Click and hold a category (do not expand the category), and move it up or down to change its current position within the menu. This is also explained at the 02:53 mark in the video embedded within this article. The order of the categories can only be changed within the company menu.
Edit an Existing Category
To edit an existing category, you can click on the "Edit Category" option.