Just as the name suggests, preselected modifiers are modifier choices that are selected in advance under a menu item. To prove a little bit more clarity, outlined below are a few instances when preselected modifiers can be used for a menu item.
- To indicate the listed ingredients for a product: The customer can then deselect any ingredients that they would not like to be included. For example, when the customer is ordering a wrap, all of the ingredients included in the wrap would be preselected, and the customer can add on more ingredients or take off ingredients as they prefer.
- To indicate popular choices that customers frequently pick, which also makes the checkout time faster: For example, when a customer orders a Meat Lover's Pizza which they are able to customize, all of the popular toppings would be preselected so the customer can checkout faster with the item as is, if they like the preselected choices.
- To promo items and choices that may not be high sellers: For example, if churros are being offered as part of a dessert selection under a combo item, but churros aren't selling too well, they can be preselected to encourage the customer to purchase them.
Steps to setup preselected modifiers:
1. Navigate to the Company Menu via Menu Admin.
2. Under Category, and then Product, click on "Modifiers" (skip steps 2 and 3 if your desired modifier group already exists).
3. Click on "Add New Modifier" and enter the description and the internal description (if you prefer) for the modifier group.