We’re excited to announce a new feature for our Ordering platform. Brands can now choose predetermined tip amounts to appear on the basket page for your desktop and mobile websites. Brands have the option to configure default tip amounts of 15%, 20%, or 25% to automatically appear as the standard options in a customer’s basket. This is an increase from our original presets of 10%, 15%, and 20% with a standard tip of 0%. When a brand turns this function on, a tip will automatically be selected at checkout with a message to the customer once it’s added. If your brand already has tipping enabled for other handoff methods this feature will leverage those default values. Right now, this is only live for desktop and mobile web platforms. Brands with a third-party ordering UI may require additional time to configure these settings.
How to configure Suggested Tips:
- Login to the Dashboard at https://my.olo.com.
- Users with brand-level access can click on the Brand tab in the left panel and select Brand Settings.
- Click the Suggested Tip tab.
- Choose your default tip from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Once activated, you'll see suggested tip amounts on the checkout page. Note that the tip amounts below reflect the original presets and not the new percentages listed in step 4 above.