Technical Teams, Account Managers, POS Administrators
Description of Issue:
There is a need to understand the pricing hierarchies in POS so that updating prices in Olo have the desired effect.
Given that Item "Variations" are considered subsets of an item, the pricing structure in Silver Pro as reflected via the API.
- The pricing structure follows this flow for a modifier:
Modifier Group Override (PRICE)
Default item price (DEFAULT PRICE)
- Hence, this is the flow to consider when pricing these:
- Is there a price list override for the modifier variation?
- If yes, then use.
- Note: If modifier pricing is used at all in the price list, then all variations of the modifiers need to be priced in the price list even if there is no charge ($0.00 must to be entered here for no price).
- If not all variations for the modifier are priced, is there a price list override for the item?
- Example: user has a price list modifier override for the Small & Medium, but not the Large; the system will then check the price list item override for the Large and provide this price in the API.If no price list override exists for the modifier variation or the item variation, does a modifier group price override exist?
- If no price list override exists for the modifier variation or the item variation, does a modifier group price override exist?
- If yes, then use Price.
- If no, then use Default price.
Note: This article is not applicable to Silver as there are no price lists in Silver and Items cannot be Modifiers in that POS.
Additional or deeper questions should be directed to the NCR Silver Pro Support Center or your Account Exec at NCR.