Technical Teams, Account Managers, POS Administrators
Description of Issue:
There is a need to set up a non-revenue item id in POS to allow Fee entry from Olo for Dispatch or Delivery Orders. The consistent External ID must be communicated to your contact at Olo to set you up for Dispatch or Delivery. Set up for a unique ID for each: Delivery Fee, Dispatch Fee, Delivery Tip, and Dispatch Tip are required. Delivery and Dispatch cannot coexist.
In Silver BO, set up a Charge:
- Navigate to Inventory > Categories & Items
- Navigate to the correct Category down the left side of the screen
- Add Item
- Complete the "Basic Item Setup"
- Specify an external ID (Olo will use this external Charge ID to pass down the calculated or specified amount to Silver.)
- Choose "Prompt for Price at POS".
- Select appropriate Tax for the Charge.
- Select Extended Item Setup.
- Choose Non-revenue: Exclude from Net Sales.
Silver will accept the amount Olo sends for the charge on the order based on what is configured in Olo (for Delivery) or based on the quote the Dispatch Service Provider quoted through the integration.
This setup is relative only to menus that are managed from within Silver Back Office.
Menus that are managed by an external resource such as Cimplebox will have additional steps that will need guidance from an Account Exec at NCR in order to achieve consistency across stores with the External ID's.
Silver Pro uses Charges as opposed to non-revenue items. There is a different article to support Fees for Silver Pro.