Technical Teams, Database Administrators, Menu Teams and Product Development
Description of Issue:
Error 29 - (0xC0068029) - Aloha responds with a failed order with this error:
Error adding item '10503-' to check with id 8388613 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0068029): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0068029
Modifier requirements not met
Technical Explanation: This issue is caused by Olo attempting to commit an order that is missing a modifier that POS expects to be nested under the parent item. POS is saying that it cannot allow an order for that parent item until a modifier (that qualifies) is selected.
To address this, confirm the configuration in POS matches what is mapped in Olo.
- Review the parent Item in CFC>Maintenance>Menu>Items to learn what Mod Groups are linked to it as well as what the Max's are.
- Review the maximum allowance in on the Choice Group in Olo and make sure that it meets the requirements in CFC>Maintenance>Menu>Modifiers
- Correct the mapping in the Olo Company Menu to meet the requirements in Olo that POS has configured
- i.e., it is considered incomplete to order a T-Bone without selecting a Temperature (Rare, Med Rare, Med, Med Well, Well)
- Contact your brand's Olo Administrator if you are having trouble and escalate accordingly.
For version 15.1, the order of modifier groups in Olo needs to match the order of the modifier groups in Aloha. Misordering them can cause a 29 error when we commit an order to POS.