How do I upgrade the version of my Olo integration agent at select stores or all stores for my brand?
Users with the necessary Dashboard permissions will have to set the override version in the Dashboard. Olo's Updater Service running on your back-of-house (BOH) will read this default and handle the upgrade on your local POS system.
Steps to implement:
Step 1: Login to the Dashboard
Step 2: Select the Brand menu on the left side of the screen
Step 3: Select POS Version Mgmt
Step 4: Select which POS to upgrade (a list of all installed POS will appear for a brand if more than one POS is installed)
Step 5: Confirm the selected POS and find the Set Override area
Step 6: Check the Set Override box next to the location(s) that you want to change the version of the POS Interface
Step 7: Select the version that you want to change to
Step 8: Press Confirm after you select the version
- Test version in lab before implementing it in a store.
- The process is the same for all server-based agents, but the POS name will change.
- This does not include Cloud POS Systems.
- To change for all stores for the brand after successfully testing in your lab/or pilot stores, you can edit the "Default Version". Then, follow the prompts.
- Resetting overridden stores to a new version is dependent upon the reason the store has a store specific version. If some of your stores have an override version because they cannot support TLS 1.2, then it is not recommended to select yes to reset the overrides. If you want all stores to be this version, then set the reset to yes.
- This will take your stores offline momentarily so it is recommended you do this during a slow time of day or after business hours.