How do I upgrade the version of my Olo integration agent at select stores or all stores for my brand?
Users with the necessary Dashboard permissions will have to set the override version in the Dashboard. Olo's Updater Service running on your back-of-house (BOH) will read this default and handle the upgrade on your local POS system.
Steps to implement:
1: Log in to the Dashboard
2: Select the Brand menu on the left side of the screen
3: Select POS Version Mgmt
4: Select which POS to upgrade (a list will appear if more than one POS is installed)
5: Confirm the selected POS and find the Set Override area
6: Check the Set Override box next to the location(s) you want to change
Step 7: Select the version you want to change to
Step 8: Click Confirm after you select the version
- Test version in the lab before implementing it in your restaurant
- The process is the same for all server-based agents, but the POS name will change
- This does not include Cloud POS Systems
- To change this for all restaurants after successfully testing in your lab or pilot stores, you can edit the "Default Version" then follow the prompts
- Resetting overridden restaurants to a new version is dependent upon the reason the restaurant has a specific version. If some of your locations have an override version because they cannot support TLS 1.2, it is not recommended to select 'Yes' to reset the overrides. If you want all locations to be this version set the reset to 'Yes'.
- This will take your restaurants offline momentarily so it is recommended you do this during a slow time of day or after business hours.