Follow the instructions below to create a sub-domain of your existing website URL to host your Olo online ordering site.
- Desktop: Ask your webmaster to CNAME the subdomain order.[brandname].com to whitelabel.olo.com. If you are not using “order” as the subdomain, CNAME whichever
sub-domain you will be using.
Ex. order.crazychicken.com, ordernow.burritopalace.com, get.deliciousfood.com
- Mobile: Ask your webmaster to CNAME the subdomain mobileorder.[brandname].com to brands.olowhitelabel.net. If you are not using “mobileorder” as the subdomain, CNAME whichever sub-domain you will be using.
Ex. mobileorder.crazychicken.com, mobileorder.burritopalace.com, mobileorder.deliciousfood.com
- Once the CNAME has been setup you will need to provide your Olo deployment manager or customer success manager with the URL that should be used and confirm when the CNAME has been setup on their side.
- Do not change the word “whitelabel” to the brand name. The CNAME must be whitelabel.olo.com.
- For the mobile setup: Do not chang the word brands to the brandname. The CNAME must be brands.olowhitelabel.net.
- It may take up to 24 hours for CNAME changes to take effect. Once the CNAME is set up correctly, visiting the subdomain will direct you to parked.olo.com. This means you are correctly pointing to an Olo URL.
- A Canonical Name record (or CNAME) is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS) used to specify that a domain name is an alias for another domain (the 'canonical' domain).