Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, Client's POS Programmer
Olo is not installed on the Simphony PC and this is required for Olo integration.
There are 7 steps to install Olo services with micros and confirm that everything is running properly.
The instructions below may seem intimidating at first glance, but each step is quite simple and the installation (assuming the configurations in place are already correct) can take less than 7 minutes to complete.
Step 1: Confirm store is “Offline” on the Olo Dashboard
Step 2: Generate a Password
Step 3: Download the Installer
Step 4: Follow the Instructions in Wizard
Step 5: Check the POS Configuration Setup
Step 6: Start the Olo Services
Step 7: Confirm Store is Online Using the Dashboard
Installation procedure (basic store install)
Step 1: Confirm store is "offline" in Dashobard
The purpose of this step is mainly to confirm that you have permission to view the store, and since the store will connect automatically and disappear from the “Offline” list, it's a good way to confirm that your installation has succeeded.
Login to Dashboard and click the See Offline Vendors button. The store will be listed below.
Step 2: Generate the POS password
Since it takes 2 minutes for the password to register with the POS connection servers, it makes sense to generate it for the store before running the installation tool.
Tip: If you forget to generate the password upfront and instead generate it right before entering it into the installation tool, you may see an Invalid Username or Password error. Simply wait a few minutes for the newly generated password to register and then try it again.
From the offline list, click on the store’s name to go to the Settings page for the location. Click on the POS Settings link.
- Click on the Reset Password tab. If you don't see this tab, please contact our Help Center to grant the proper security access. If you have recently used the forgotten password link on Dashboard, your security access will need to be updated by Olo.
- Please take note of the POS Username. This is the username you will use when installing the Olo services.
- Click the Generate a New Password button. The warning message will appear any time that you create a new password. This is to stop you from disabling a store in case you select the wrong one.
- A second warning message will appear. Press Continue to generate the password.
- A dialog box will appear with the password but the password will not be visible until you hover your mouse over it.
- This is how the password appears when you hover your mouse over it.
- Copy this password on to your clipboard (ctrl + C). Keep this page open as you move to the store computer for installation.
Step 3: Download the Installer from Dashboard
- Go to the Brand section on the left control list
- Select POS Downloads
- Select Micros Simphony
- Click the button to download the most current version of the Olo Micros Agent
Step 4: Follow the instructions in the install wizard
- Click Next to begin the process
- Click Next for the destination folder
- Enter the username and password (the one generated under Settings)
- Click Install and then Finish when it's done
Step 5: Start the Olo services
- Start button > Run > Services.msc
- Right-click the Olo Simphony Service, click Start
- Right-click on the Olo Update Service, click Start
Step 6: Confirm the store is online using Dashboard
Once the services are running, the store should be automatically connected and displayed as Online within a couple of minutes
Open up the dashboard and click See Offline Vendors button to refresh the list, and confirm that the installed store is no longer listed