Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, and Client's Software Installation Person
SSOS stands for Self Service Ordering System, and is Olo's non-integrated ordering solution to provide online ordering for brands that we do not currently integrate to. This guide outlines the steps necessary to install Olo services on the Windows device that will control the online orders.
Confirm prerequisites are met and follow this guide for installing the Olo SSOS program onto the windows device at your location. Although not required, it is recommended to read through the Helpful Links before installation.
- Download SSOS from Dashboard
- Windows 7 or newer
- TLS 1.2 enabled
- .NET 4.5
- Modest disk, memory, and processor requirements
- Firewall configuration
- After opening the SSOS installer program your screen should be the same as Figure 1
- Click Next
- Proceed to step 2
- Confirm the file path in the textbox “Install Olo SSOS to:.” This textbox will be filled initially but can be altered by clicking “Change”
- Click Next
- Proceed to Step 3
- Follow this link to obtain the correct username and password for the location:
- Enter the username and password found in the above article in the appropriate text box (Figure 3).
- Please note this is not the same username and password as your my.olo.com account.
- This username and password are specific to the location for which you are installing SSOS.
- Reference the 'Generate a Password' article above for more information.
- If you have reset your password through the dashboard, please wait 1-2 minutes for a new password to update in the Olo API before moving on.
- Click Next
- Click Install
- You will then be asked if you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer. Click Yes to begin installation.
- Wait for the installation to finish. See Figure 5.
- Your installation should be complete now.
- Click Finish
- You should find the Olo SSOS icon on your desktop.
- The icon will also appear in your task bar, in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- If you still cannot find the Olo SSOS icon, search for it in your programs/applications.
- Open the SSOS program by double-clicking on it.
- Choose your printer type by selecting Epson POS, Standard Printer, or Alt. Standard Printer.
- Select the specific printer in the “Printer Name” box and click “Print Test Page” to make sure that this is the correct, functioning printer.
- After confirming the printer, click Ok