Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, and Client's POS programmer
The Olo MICROS integration supports several options for 86ing items on Olo. The objective of this article is to outline each of these.
- Olo reads the micros "out of item" database flag every time the Olo price updater is run. This is normally set to run automatically 2 times every day (your brand can opt out of this but that is not recommended). If an item is 86'ed in micros at the time the price updater runs, it will be 86'ed on Olo. To un86 (or 68) this item, set the item to be available in micros and run the Olo price updater.
- If you are running version 18.104.22.1683 or greater of the OloMicrosService, Olo will automatically 86 any item that does not have a valid price record. If there is not a price record linked to an item or if the effective to and from times are not valid, the item will be 86'ed. There is an 86 report in the Olo dashboard for reference. This feature is automatically enabled when you upgrade to the version or greater. To un86 (or 68) this item, add a valid price record to this item and run the Olo price updater.
- If you are running version 22.214.171.1246 or greater of the OloMicrosService, Olo can check for 86'ed (out of item flag in micros) items at your desired frequency. Please open a support ticket for your TAM to enable this feature. You will need to provide the cadence (every x minutes). This will also un86 (or 68) items when they are available in POS.
- If you are running 126.96.36.1993 or greater of the OloMicrosService, Olo can automatically 86 any item that is a mismatch. A mismatch is an item that is mapped on the Olo side that is not in the micros database or its configuration does not match the Olo one. For example, if you have an item mapped as a condiment in Olo and it is an item in micros, it is a mismatch (Olo looks at the "condiment membership group" in the menu item setup to determine if an item is a condiment. If this field is NULL, then Olo assumes this is an item not a condiment). If an item does not have a tax class linked to its menu item class, it will be reported as a mismatch. Mismatches are displayed in the Olo Dashboard under Settings/POS Settings/Update Prices. This is a configurable item and not one commonly used. Please open a support ticket for your TAM to enable this feature. To un86 (or 68) an item, please make sure this is a working item in POS and run the price updater.
- If you do not use the micros out of item feature, you can 86 and 68 items via the Olo dashboard.