Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, and Client's POS programmer
MICROS is not setup for Olo. This document will provide the necessary setups to ensure your MICROS system is setup to work well with Olo.
This document outlines the process setting up MICROS POS for Olo.
PRE-INSTALL CONFIGURATION (MICROS & ENVIRONMENT)
There are a few Micros and environment updates that must be in place before Olo will be able to run properly.
- Olo has learned that it is not recommended to run versions of micros 3700 less than version 4.8. If you are running a previous version of micros, please contact Oracle for upgrade info & notify Olo. Due to enhanced PCI Requirements, we prefer that you are running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with TLS 1.2 support and MICROS 3700 version 5.0 or greater.
- The Back of House (BOH) server must have sufficient disk space to process orders (Olo recommends at least 1GB of RAM and at least 5GB of free hard drive space).
MICROS CONFIGURATION SETUP
1) The Transaction Services module must be licensed. You can access License Manager by pressing Start/Run and typing licmanager.
2) The web service must be configured like this (POSAPI WEB SERVICE), linked to the micros server. Devices/Devices:
3) The Web Service device must be linked to a new User Workstation:
4) Here are the recommended setting for this User Workstation. Device/User Workstation:
5) Add a location for the Check Info Lines to print on the desired Order Devices. Device/Order Devices:
6) Make sure that a Print Format for the Check Info Lines is selected along with 16 lines of Info. RVC/RVC Interfaces:
7) Configure an employee class that will only be used by the API Employee. When you check POS API Employee in Employee Class, most of the other options will become disabled by design.
8) Configure an employee for the API to use and link it to the POS API Employee Class. Please note: The Employee ID selected for this Employee and provide it to Olo. Employee/Employee Class:
9) Configure a tender(s) to send to micros as the closing tender for all orders paid for on Olo. Tender setup can be very specific to a brand but the following screenshots are a typical tender setup. Each brand can decide if they want 1 Olo tender or if they want tenders by card type (if more than 1, please make each tender have the same micros options). Please note: If the tender form is not shown below, no options were selected on any of those forms.
10) Test your MICROS configuration by accessing the URL http://localhost/ResPosApiWeb/ResPosApiWeb.asmx in a browser. If this shows “ResPosApiWebService” and a list of operations, the API is properly configured and installed.
- In most cases, if there is trouble outside of these configuration variables the micros log file will point to the problem. This file can be found at %microsdir%\res\pos\etc\3700d.log.
11) Provide the necessary micros configuration items to Olo:
CONFIGURATION VALUE _ EXAMPLE VALUES
Employee ID: 4 (from step 5 above)
Micros DSN: DSN=micros;Uid=custom;Pwd=custom;
Order type: 3 (order type used for Olo)
Delivery Order type: 3 (order type for delivery Olo)
Revenue center: 1 (RVC number for Olo)
In-store tender (only for pay in store): 1001 (Send or Print - Service Total)
Pre-paid tender (paid online): 101 (Tender for Olo Closed checks)
Service charge (if tips are allowed): 901 (Olo Tips & Fees)
In some cases it is possible to do a store specific override of a certain value above. However, Olo strongly recommends standardized configuration values for all stores if at all possible. If there is a reason not to standardize a value, please discuss with Olo during the initial integration discussions.
12) Provide the optional micros item numbers to Olo:
Each of these items needs to require reference entry (MI Class) and print in black on all devices (Print Class). These need to exist in every location’s MICROS DB.
- Special Instructions Condiment Number (used for typed message on items):
- Guest Name Condiment Number (used for adding a guest name to items):
- Curbside Car Make Menu Item Number ($0 item with reference entry enabled):
- Curbside Car Model Menu Item Number ($0 item with reference entry enabled):
- Curbside Car Color Menu Item Number ($0 item with reference entry enabled):
- Dispatch Order Type Number:
- Curbside Order Type Number:
- Visa Tender Number:
- MasterCard Tender Number:
- Amex Tender Number:
- Discover Tender Number:
- Dispatch Fee Options (only 1 of the 2)
- Dispatch Fee & Tip Service Charge Number (if S/C is how you want this):
- Dispatch Fee Menu Item Number (if MI is how you want this):
- Rails Order Type: