Dashboard now has Two-Factor Authentication capabilities available for additional security. Two-Factor Authentication, or 2FA as it's commonly abbreviated, adds an extra step to our login procedure. It's an added security measure and can help brands reduce the number of identity theft cases.
How to enable 2FA for your Brand?
- You need to have access to the Brand section in Dashboard to enable 2FA. If you don't have this, please reach to your Brand contact or submit a request with our Help team to get this setup for you.
- Login to the Dashboard - https://my.olo.com
- Navigate to the Brand section on the left and click on Brand Settings
- On the General tab, scroll to the bottom section with the header ‘Security’
- Toggle 'Require Two-Factor Authentication' to 'Yes' and click 'Save'
How it works?
Once enabled, 2FA will ask all that brand's users who have access to Dashboard to provide a 6-digit security code to allow them to login. The security code is sent to the email address the user uses to login. The code in the email is valid for one hour. If you opt into the ‘Trust this device for 30 days’ setting, then you aren't required to enter the code every time you login into the Dashboard. After the 30 days, the user would be asked to input the security code again.
- Login with your Dashboard credentials
- A 6-digit security code will be sent to the user on the email address associated with account and the user will be directed to the next page to enter the code
- Input the 6-digit code in the text box
- Optional: Check the box ‘Trust this device for 30 days’ to make sure you aren't asked to input the code again every time
- Click on 'Verify'
- When this works correctly you'll be redirected to the Dashboard
- If a user incorrectly enters a code, a message will appear and they will have reenter the information