Technical Teams, Customer Success Teams, Client's POS Programmer
Olo is not installed on the InfoGenesis TPG computer and this is required for Olo integration.
There are 6 steps to install Olo services for InfoGenesis and confirm that everything is running properly.
The instructions below may seem intimidating at first glance, but each step is quite simple and the installation (assuming the configurations in place are already correct) can take less than 7 minutes to complete.
Step 1: Confirm store is “Offline” on the Dashboard
Step 2: Generate a password
Step 3: Download the installer
Step 4: Follow the instructions in wizard
Step 5: Start the Olo Services
Step 6: Confirm the store is online using the Dashboard
Installation procedure (basic store install)
Step 1: Confirm store is “offline” in Dashboard
The purpose of this step is mainly to confirm that you have dashboard permission to view the store, and since the store will connect automatically and disappear from the “Offline” list, it is a nice way to confirm that your installation has succeeded.
Log into the Olo Dashboard at https://my.Olo.com and click the See Offline Vendors button. The store will be listed below.
Step 2: Generate the POS password
Since it takes 2 minutes for the password to register with the POS connection servers, it makes sense to generate it for the store before running the installation tool.
Tip: If you forget to generate the password upfront and instead generate it right before entering it into the installation tool, you may see an Invalid Username or Password error. Simply wait a few minutes for the newly generated password to register and then try it again.
From the offline list, click on the store’s name to go to the Settings page for the location. Click on the POS Settings link.
1) Click on the Reset Password tab. If you do not see this tab, please contact Olo help to grant you the proper security access. If you have recently used the forgotten password link on the Dashboard, your security access will need to be updated by Olo.
2) Please take note of the POS Username. This is the username you will use when installing the Olo services.
3) Click the Generate a New Password button. The warning message will appear any time that you create a new password. This is to stop you from disabling a store in case you selected the wrong one.
4) A second warning message will appear. Press Continue to generate the password.
5) A dialog box will appear with the password but the password will not be visible until you hover your mouse over it.
6) This is how the password appears when you hover your mouse over it.
7) Copy this password on to your clipboard (ctrl + C). Keep this page open as you move to the store computer for installation.
Step 3: Download the installer from Dashboard
1) Go to the Brand section on the left control list
2) Select POS Downloads
3) Select InfoGenesis
4) Click the button to download the most current version of the Olo InfoGenesis Agent
Step 4: Follow the instructions in the install wizard
- Click Next to begin the process
- Click Next for the destination folder
- Enter the Olo username and password (generated in Dashboard under Settings)
- Click Install and then Finish when it is done
Common Errors and Issues:
Incorrect vendor name / password
This error means the vendor name and password combination entered into the install wizard do not match anything on Olo’s system.
- Be sure you’ve allowed enough time between generating the password and entering it here. Wait at least 2 minutes between these steps.
- Make sure you have the correct username.
- There was a problem typing the password (the passwords here can be tricky but need to be for security reasons). To try again, you want to uninstall the Wizard and re-run it. Run the Install Wizard first to remove the application, and then re-run it again to retry the username and password combination.
If the test program encounters any other errors, it will provide the reasons. These may be configurations that you already know how to correct, in which case you can simply proceed with those corrections and re-run the test. If the reasons are unknown to you, copy down the exact message for Olo to review. If the test succeeds, move on to the next step.
Step 6: Start the Olo services
Start button -> Run -> Services.msc
Right-click on the Olo InfoGenesis Service, click Start
Right-click on the Olo Update Service, click Start
Step 7: Confirm the store is online using Dashboard
Once the services are running, the store should be automatically connected and displayed as Online within a couple of minutes
Open up the dashboard and click See Offline Vendors button to refresh the list, and confirm that the installed store is no longer listed