Online Hour Overrides give a dashboard user the ability to change the hours where you accept online orders without affecting the general store hours. Let's say you have a store that does high volume on Superbowl Sunday. You are still open from 10am - 11pm on Superbowl Sunday, but you want to prevent any online orders from being placed during the peak traffic time (e.g. from 10am - 3pm). With an Online Hour Override you can close your online store for certain periods without affecting the business hours that are displayed to the customer.
- Login to the Olo Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the “Settings” tab on the left side of the screen
- Click on “Store Hours”
- You may be prompted to select a store if you have access to more than one location through your Dashboard. If so, choose the store from the right-hand section and click on “Confirm Store Selection”. If you want to make a bulk hour update across multiple stores, you can select multiple stores.
- Click “Add Online Hour Override”
- Choose the date and the time range for when you want to prevent online orders from coming through
- Choose an override reason to be exposed to customers during the time the override is active:
- Default Message - Online ordering is unavailable at this time. Please visit or call to place your order or use the location finder to try another location nearby.
- High Order Volume: Option 1 - Due to high order volumes at this location, online ordering is unavailable at this time. Please visit or call to place your order or use the location finder to try another location nearby.
- High Order Volume: Option 2 - Due to high order volumes, wait times may be longer than usual
- Type in the internal reason for submitting the override. This will not be viewable by customers, but keeps a log so that you can keep track of who is enabling/disabling your store and why
- Click +Add Override
Tip: Make sure you setup your override in advance to prevent future orders from being placed for pickup during this peak time!