Technical Teams, Account Managers, and Product Development
Description of issue:
There are times that an Olo order will fail and POS will return an error like the below:
2015-06-24 16:05:09.8633|INFO|Error adding memo item 'NOT AN ORDER-DO NOT MAKE' to check with id 94371841. Memo item ID: 90000
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0068086): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0068086
Reference from Aloha's Error list for SDK's:
There was no order number assigned by master – This is QS only
The 86 error is an error with the master terminal that Olo has no ability to control. This error is Aloha telling Olo that the master terminal did not assign an order number to the order. We have been advised by NCR to suggest reviewing the Aloha debouts at the same date/time for clues as to what is causing Aloha to have trouble communicating the Order Number.
- A networking issue could be affecting the Master Terminal.
- Issues with your version of Aloha that can cause the error, which we have no insight into. In this case, resolution will require assistance from you POS Support Team to get to the root of.
Some things to try:
- We often see that a restart of the Olo service will reconnect the Aloha Interface Terminal with the Master Terminal and have some success on orders that follow.
- Try forcing another Master Capable terminal to become master by powering down the current master terminal and waiting until another terminal takes over as master.
- Warning: This will cause the entire FOH to be down for up to 60 seconds.
- This can be an isolated incident that is resolved by doing these troubleshooting steps or it can be something that perpetuates at the location. It depends on what caused the communication issue to begin with.
- If this resolves it, you may want to set Master Capable=False on the original Master Terminal so that it cannot assume mastership.
NCR Contacts: SSG