Audience: Technical Teams, Account Teams, Client's POS programmer
The integration with Revel POS requires some configuration in Revel done by the customer and some configuration in Olo done by a Technical Specialist.
1. All menu Categories that are to be included in the Olo menu must be assigned to the Online menu in Revel. In the Revel Admin site, under Products, click Custom Menus. Edit the Online menu by clicking the 'pencil' icon.
Be sure the menu is flagged as Active. Scroll down and check all of the desired Categories or Sub-Categories.
2. The Minimum Number of Items in Online Orders cannot be blank. Fill in the number.
3. If using in-house delivery, the Estimated delivery time needs to be coordinated with the same setting in Olo.
Click Save and then Push Changes from the Revel Main Menu.
4. By default, Revel terminals will not see online orders. For terminals that have access to online orders, they can be found here.
To turn on this option, in Revel Admin, select the Establishment id to edit in the fly-out on the left side of the screen.
Then in the menu, go to Establishment > Stations, select each POS station where you want to have this option. Check "Is Print Online Orders", then Save and Push changes. You will need to refresh the configuration on POS tablets.
5. All Products and Modifiers that will be used online must have a barcode assigned. There is no particular format needed for Olo, the barcode just provides a Product identity that can be controlled and maintained as identical at each store. It must be five or more digits.
- At this time, Matrix Products are not part of the integration.
- Modifier options (No, Side, etc.) are not part of the integration.
- The hard-coded Revel Modifier Class for Size is not supported.
6. If Tipping will be allowed online, flag these two settings in Revel.
Dining Options and Payment Types
1. Olo orders can be sent with different dining options.
- Go to Settings and Clear Selections.
- Search for Custom Order Options.
- Create appropriate Order Options with no configuration except Active.
Note: Revel has a preconfigured Dining Option for both Online Orders and Drive Through. You can choose to use these "built in" options instead of similar custom options.
2. Credit Card payments in Olo are processed directly from Olo and not through Revel. In order to close the checks in Revel set up a Customizable Payment Type.
- Go to Settings
- Search for Customizable Payment Types
- Add a Payment Type for Olo orders. Name and label the Payment in a way that makes sense for your operation.
- If you would like, you can create separate Payments by credit card type, Olo_Visa, Olo_MC, etc.
Configuration for Dispatch is here.
Configuration for Rails is here.
Keywords: Revel, POS