- Login to the Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the Coupons tab on the left side of the screen. Note that you may not have access to this section of the Dashboard. In this case, you would need to reach out to a corporate representative for more information.
- A new window will appear with information on the ongoing campaigns, the number of coupons inside each campaign, and the total number of redemptions. The window will also allow you to archive certain campaigns and download the coupon codes contained in the campaign.
- Click Create New Campaign
- Type the new Campaign’s name and click Create.
- If you have a lot of campaigns, you may need to search to find the campaign you just created. The search bar is to the left of the list of campaigns. Once you locate the campaign, click on the campaign name.
- Click Create New Coupon
- Coupons will contain either single code coupons or multiple unique code coupons. A coupon cannot exist without a campaign. You can allow guest users to redeem the coupon or require an account for redemption.
Ability to create a single code coupon that can be redeemed by guest users or registered users.
Ability to create multiple unique codes that can be redeemed by registered users only
User can redeem coupon code without signing in.
User can redeem coupon code by signing in with his/her username and password.
- Choose the coupon general settings. For this step you will need to fill out the following fields:
- Coupon Generation: Would you like to distribute a Single Code (for use when distributing via a mass audience channel e.g., Newspaper, Twitter, etc.) or Multiple codes (for use when distributing to individuals with targeted emails)?
- Coupon Code: You must create a coupon code. This is what users will enter on the checkout page to apply the coupon.
- Coupon Primary Description: Coupon primary description is very important because it will be shown to users.
- Store Instructions: This will be shown on the in-store order print out.
- Limit to Specific Stores (Optional): The stores where you want your coupons activated.
- POS Reference ID: Enter the Discount ID you set up on the POS for this coupon. If you need help setting up the discount, search the Help Center for your POS provider + coupon, e.g., "SSOS coupon." Once you have the document for your POS, please reach out to your Deployment Manager or Customer Success Manager so they can put you in touch with a member of the POS Team to help you set up the discount and test.
- Activation Date: The coupon can be used beginning on this date.
- Expiration Date (Optional): The last day the coupon can be used is this date. If you leave this blank, the coupon will not expire until you either add an expiration date or archive the coupon.
If you choose Multiple Unique Code Coupons you will have a few more fields to fill out. For this, you can generate Multiple Unique Codes by providing a prefix for the coupons.
For example, a Brand Manager wants to create a coupon targeting customers who have ordered food for delivery more than 10 times online. He/She can create a Multiple Unique Code coupon with a prefix ‘SPECIAL’ and set the quantity to 1000. See screenshot below:
- Coupon Type: You can assign a Dollar Off or Percent Off the order subtotal or the delivery fee (applies only to Dispatch and in-house delivery).
- Discount Amount: You must select the discount amount (either dollars or percent off).
- Minimum Order Subtotal (Optional): You can define an order minimum before a coupon can be applied. If this field is blank, there is no minimum order amount.
- Handoff Mode Requirement(s): You can define the handoff mode for this coupon. If "No handoff mode requirement" is selected, the coupon will apply to all handoff modes. If you restrict a coupon to certain handoff modes, make sure the stores you selected have that handoff mode.
- Redemption Type: You can define whether the coupon will require a registered user account or will be available to guest users.
- Redemptions Per User (Single Codes only): You can define redemption quantity per user for Single Code coupons. This quantity can be either set to ‘x’ redemptions or ‘unlimited’ redemptions. This option is available for Registered Users only. Coupons allowing Guest Users will not be able to restrict Coupon Redemptions.
- Total Redemptions: You can define Total Redemptions per coupon campaign. This quantity can be either set to ‘x’ redemptions or ‘unlimited’ redemptions. This option is available for both Registered and Guest users.
For example, a Brand Manager creates a coupon campaign with a single code – ‘HOLIDAY2019’. It is a ‘Dollar Off’ coupon with an order minimum of $10. HOLIDAY2019 can be redeemed only by registered users. Since it's a limited offer shared via the brand's Twitter account, the Brand Manager sets Coupon Redemptions Per User to 2 times and Total Redemptions to 10,000 times.
- The same scenario with “Guest Redemptions” turned on will look like this. You won’t be able to set Redemptions per registered user.
This is how the multiple unique coupons look when generated with the “Special” prefix from the example above.
If you do not see this option, this feature has not been enabled for your store. For more information, please contact your Corporate team.