Need to issue a refund? Follow the steps below to quickly issues refunds as they come up. If you don't see the 'Order' tab mentioned below, it's likely because your Dashboard account does not have access. In this case, contact your corporate team for more information.
Note: There is a 90-day limit for refunds. Orders placed more than 90 days ago cannot be refunded in the Dashboard. In that case, you would need to request a refund directly from your payment processor.
- Log in to the Dashboard
- Click on the Orders tab on the left side of the screen.
- You may be prompted to select a store if you have access to more than one location through your Dashboard. If so, choose the store from the right-hand section and click on Confirm Store Selection.
- Enter the Olo Order ID into the Specific Order Field or search your order by clicking Search by Timeframe or Search by Transaction.
- Once your order appears, click the Order ID to see the order details.
- Click Refund Order at the top right of the Order Details page.
- Enter your name, select a reason for the refund, and enter any details for the customer.
- Click Review Refund Order Request. Be sure to double-check your details before the next step. This will submit the refund to the payment processors for settlement. You will not be able to reverse this action
- Click Process Refund Request
Note: This process will refund the customer, but these changes will not reflect in your POS. Please follow the appropriate procedure for your POS to adjust or update the original order total.
This will submit the refund to the payment processors for settlement. You will not be able to reverse this action.
- For any refund or adjustment processed, the customer will automatically receive a confirmation email to the email address on file
- The adjustment transaction will process immediately and should show up on the customer’s credit card statement within 1 to 3 days
- You can only refund/adjust an order once. For any subsequent adjustments within the order in question, please contact your processor for further assistance.