Setting an escalation email on the Dashboard is essential in making sure you don’t miss any online orders.
There are specific events where the escalation email address(es) for a location will receive a notification:
- If online orders are integrated into your POS system, the escalation email(s) will receive an email if the POS is offline for a designated period of time.
- If online orders are integrated into your POS system, the escalation email(s) will also receive a notification if the store gets auto-disabled after numerous consecutive order failures to the POS.
- If online orders are integrated to your POS system, the escalation email(s) will also receive a notification if we do not receive a response from the POS on an order submission within 60 seconds (i.e. the request results in a timeout).
- If online orders are sent via Fax or Email, the escalation email(s) will receive notifications if the order hasn’t been accepted in a timely manner by the store.
- Login to the Dashboard
- Click on the Settings tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Store Settings.
- You may be prompted to select a store if you have access to more than one location through your Dashboard. If so, choose the store from the right-hand section and click on Confirm Store Selection.
- Click on Store Information.
- About halfway down the page, there will be a field for Escalation Email Address.
Tip: Looking to add multiple email addresses? Put a semicolon “;” between email addresses. If you’re looking to send escalation emails to a large group of people, Olo recommends setting up one distribution email address that includes everyone who should receive the escalation email.