Setting an escalation email in the Olo system will be essential in making sure you don’t miss any online orders.
There are specific events in which the escalation email address(es) for a location will receive an email notification:
- If online orders are integrated to your POS system, the escalation email(s) will receive an email if the POS is offline for a designated period of time.
- If online orders are integrated to your POS system, the escalation email(s) will also receive a notification if the store gets auto-disabled after numerous consecutive order failures to the POS.
- If online orders are integrated to your POS system, the escalation email(s) will also receive a notification if we do not receive a response from the POS on an order submission within 60 seconds (i.e. the request results in a timeout).
- If online orders are sent via Fax or Email, the escalation email(s) will receive notifications if the order hasn’t been accepted in a timely manner by the store.
- Login to the Olo Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the “Settings” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Store Settings”.
- You may be prompted to select a store if you have access to more than one location through your Dashboard. If so, choose the store from the right-hand section and click on “Confirm Store Selection”.
- Click on “Store Information”.
- About halfway down the page there will be a field for “Escalation Email Address”.
Tip: Looking to add multiple email addresses? Put a semicolon “;” between email addresses. If you’re looking to send escalation emails to a large group of people, Olo recommends setting up one distribution email address that includes everyone who should receive the escalation email.