Olo gives you the ability to limit the days and times when customers can order certain items. This would be useful for a Breakfast category, for example, where the breakfast products are only available from 7:00 am until 11:00 am and unavailable outside those hours. You can also use this functionality for a daily special (e.g. the Chicken Noodle Soup is only available on Mondays).
- Login to the Olo Dashboard at https://my.olo.com
- Click on the “Menus” tab on the left side of the screen and click “Manage Store Menu”.
- Select the store(s) for whose menu you’d like to update (These are all the store(s) you have access to).
- Click a category to expand the list of products (e.g. Hamburgers).
- To update the hours for every product in the category, click on the “Add Hours for All Products” button.
By doing this, you can easily deselect the days where the product is unavailable by deselecting the check box to the left of the day of the week.
Once you update the hours those products are available, click “Add Base Hours” to save.
- If you would like to update the hours for just a single product, click on the name of the product and then click on the “Availability settings” tab in the pop-up.
By doing this, you can easily Add Base Hours for All Days if the product is available at the same times every day of the week.
If they differ each day, use the “Add Hours” button to add hours for each day of the week individually.
- Olo has the ability to either hide or show items when they are unavailable. For example, if breakfast items are only available from 7:00 am until 11:00 am and a customer comes to your ordering page at 5:30 pm, Olo can either show the Breakfast products or hide them so that they are unavailable for ordering. If the items are visible and someone tries to place an order outside the availability range, Olo will show an error telling the customer the product is available only at those designated times.
- The benefit of showing the products at all times is that customers can place future orders (e.g. ordering tonight for breakfast tomorrow).